I have been using SiteGround to host my websites for selling digital products as an affiliate since 2014.
Being a non-techie guy, my go to platform to build websites is WordPress. Prior to 2014, I bought hosting plans from local companies and boy it was a nightmare. My sites often went down and the customer support sucked.
I cancelled all my hosting plans with local companies. In the middle of 2014, I decided to go with internationally reputable hosting companies. Sure they cost a lot more but I learned that, most of the times, the higher the price, then the better the quality.
I found SiteGround just by searching “best WordPress hosting” on Google and the search results bought a lot of articles featuring and comparing numerous hosting companies. It those articles, SiteGround always ranked in the top 3 and compared to the other ones, I found its pricing plans were more affordable.
As of now, SiteGround has hosted more than 2 million domains and it has also received an endorsement by WordPress as one of the best hosting companies in the world.
Now, having been using SiteGround for more than five years, I want to share a real customer’s review on the service, let’s start with what the hosting plans offer.
SiteGround’s WordPress Hosting Plans
SiteGround offers three hosting plans for WordPress and you can see the pricing for each of them in the table below.
Special price means the monthly fee you pay during your first year as a customer. In the second year and beyond, your monthly fee will be at the regular price rates.
Looking at the data listed above, there is no bandwidth limit with SiteGround. So, the main factors that you really must consider when choosing the best plan for you are the number of websites that you want to host as well as the price.
If you wish to host more than one website, then you want to avoid the StartUp plan and go with either one of the two higher plans. I suggest that if you want to do an online business like affiliate marketing, then you at least should go with the GrowBig plan because you are going to build a lot of affiliate websites to promote different products in different niches.
Here are some more SiteGround’s hosting features:
- WordPress Optimized Servers: SiteGround hosting plans are all optimized and designed for WordPress, so you can expect your website to load faster. It should also be stable and secure. However, when talking about the type of server and database resources, there are differences. Under this category, the GoGeek plan is better than the StartUp.
- Easy WordPress Website Migration: Migrating a WordPress site to SiteGround is also easy. You will not have to go through a tedious process.
- Automated WordPress Website Backups: SiteGround’s managed WordPress hosting plans have daily website backups that are done automatically. This means that if your site crashed for some reason, you should be able to access the full backup if it is not beyond 24 hrs.
- WordPress Website Updates: It is essential for any WordPress website to stay up-to-date, and this is something that SiteGround can provide you with. It comes with an auto-update manager, which will also allow your plugins to be automatically updated.
- WordPress Website Caching: SiteGround also has the so-called SG optimizer that enables the user to manage the caching of a website by simply going to the dashboard. The interface is user-friendly as well.
- WordPress Website Staging Tool: Only SiteGround’s GoGeek plan has this functionality, which allows you to test the latest version of WordPress and make other changes without disrupting the live site.
The uptime with SiteGround is also excellent. In all my five years doing business with them, I only experience a down website once and that was only for around five minutes. Their hosting has also been recorded as one of the fastest in the world.
Installing WordPress in SiteGround is also a breeze because they offer a one-click install feature. Still do not have enough confidence to install your own WordPress site? Then just contact their customer support via live chat and they will set it up for you in less than five minutes.
Speaking of customer support, they are also the best as far as I know. Their live chat does not have a long queue. You can always expect to chat directly with a real human customer support in less than 3 minutes and if you are not satisfied with the service, the system will automatically connect you with a more senior staff who is already well informed with the issues you are having.
Now, having all those high-quality features also come with a price. While SiteGround’s first year pricing is a lot cheaper than its competitors, starting from the second year, the monthly fee will become more expensive than most other hosting companies.
SiteGround also only offer long contracts for their best hosting solution products. This means that you can only purchase on an annual basis if you really want the best hosting out of them. There is indeed a monthly plan but it is only for cloud hosting plans not for shared and WordPress hosting plans.
In conclusion, if you are serious about creating a professional business portfolio on the internet then SiteGround is one of the best choices that you could go with.